Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Dad!!

My dad is Funny, Witty, Silly, Creative, Musical...the list could go on and on those of you who know him know that in his younger days he was an athlete, big, strong, could intimidate the best of the best on the football fields, in the past few years his body has slowly changed, he has function of one arm, his legs still carry him on many walks, so with that I give you MY DAD, the CLIFF JUMPER!!! Yes he is 73, and in clothes, but he took the opportunity to show us all what he is really capable of. The story goes like this my parents met us at slide rock, me thinking loose rocks, sand and water are not a good mix for my parents, but when I saw them they were sitting quite comfortably on top of the cliff we were jumping off of. When my dad looked down and yelled (which really isn't a yell because he has paralyzed vocal chords) If I jump will you help me out? My sister in law and I looked at each other like is he crazy? And then we called my brothers over, Quincy jumped in before my dad, to be in the water and Jeff stayed on the edge to help my one functioning armed dad out of the water. So he took off shoes, belt, over shirt, and his change, and jumped!! survived it, when he came out of the water we cheered and stood in some shock, But my dad looked around to those of us still dry and said "Now if I can do it anybody can" and with that I believe we had the oldest at 73 and the youngest at 3 cliff jumpers of the day. my Mom was watching behind with Locke, Dexter, Wilson, and Ike

3 comments: