We have a nine year old in the house!!! he started his day with presents nice and early so we could have Nate at home with us. Kate's was a highlight, Ethan LOVES Reece's puffs cereal and Kate thought he needed his own box!!! he was happy.
Gentry gave one half of new pair of shoes.
Wilson gave the other half...and then posed for this great picture with Sam, because they are super hero's batMANN superMANN.
Excuse Sam's falling down pants, Sam found a soccer ball wash cloth that grows!!!
This was by far the worst cake I have ever made, not because of the 500 pounds of frosting or three cakes made, rolled in powdered sugar, then unrolled frosted rerolled refrigerated then sculpted to look like an unruly slithering serpent then frosted with more of the 500 ponds of frosting which was dyed to resemble one of Ethan's favorite snakes, but because of the pictures of these awful creatures that I had to look at on the Internet to find the right snake.It is at least 3 feet long all cake all frosting and a few paper towel wads here and there to fill in then frosted with more of the 500 pounds of frosting mentioned above. Ethan was pleased, we made three different kinds of cake so he could decide which was his favorite flavor, he still hasn't decided, chocolate with chocolate insides, yellow with butter cream insides, and funfetti with cream cheese/butter cream insides, I will add that Ethan has been told that next year will most likely be his last sculpted cake after that snake!!! I can't forget to add that I thought for sure the Reece's puff's would be the favorite gift, I was wrong it is his new Swiss army pocket knife Nate gave him. Now being 9 he can get a carving belt loop and patch, we supplied bars of soap to practice on, hopefully no stitches to come. One more story, we had pack meeting last night so as we were driving to the church I said to Ethan that he is only 10 years away form his mission, and Kate said How far am I away, we told her her amount, and Ethan said Kate will be a better missionary than me because she likes to chit chat way more than me. I love my 9 year old!!! He is FANTASTIC!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment